Friday, October 8, 2010

It's been 1L of a month



It has been a month since we last posted, and we have something to say . . . Back off! Joe is in law school and Jocelyn is working. We are a busy go-getting couple, so you will receive no apologies.

On a less aggressive note, we have plenty of new stories to share. Law school is in full swing for Joe, and he spends most of his time with his nose literally in a book. Well . . . not literally, but figuratively. Because a reasonable person has a duty to exercise care to avoid any foreseeable risk. A jury would most likely conclude that a reasonable person should foresee that putting one's nose literally in book would cause harm to other people walking around him because he might bump into them. Failure to exercise care would result in a breach of said duty, and negligence would most likely lie. [At this point Jocelyn takes the computer from Joe and says, "Ok, Esquire. You're done."]

If you want to know about Lincoln, then you have to know that it is all about football. The Huskers have been playing very well, and spirits are generally high during the week. We decided to incorporate ourselves into Lincoln society, and the best way to do that is to dress like a Lincolnian. We went to the University Bookstore to get hooked up, and the pictures show us sorting through Nebraska gear.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a blog! Looks like the two of you (three including the fur-ball) are having wonderful adventures in Nebraska!
    The other day I was helping a fella with an auto loan for a 2004 RED jeep liberty... Couldn't help but think back to the good 'ol days, driving home from high school with all the windows down, blasting our Black Eyed Peas, and thinking that we were pretty much the BOMB.
    Ah the memories...many of mine include you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenzie!!!
    How have you been? Oh my goodness, I remember those days! I must say I don't think, I KNOW we were the BOMB! Funny story, I was telling Joe just the other day about this exact memory with you and Deb, Black Eyed Pea song and all. He responded by saying "Wait, how old were you". I told him we were barely 16, then he started to laugh and said "That is so sad, I was in my freshman year of college". We did have tons of good times and memories throughout the junior high/high school years, I sure do miss you! How is life going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe - I'm impressed. I love all that lawyer talk. Can't wait to see you and Jocey at Christmas! Hey, I have an idea! You and John Rowe can have a "Lawyer Bee" and spell legal stuff or tell lawyer jokes or just impress us with your legaleeze!

    ReplyDelete